Situated on South Africa’s famed Garden Route in the seaside town of Knysna, Belvidere Manor offers comfortable four-star accommodation, a range of delicious dining experiences and breath-taking natural surroundings. Built in 1849, the Manor House is an exquisite example of historic Cape Georgian architecture and since its opening in 1989, the hotel has grown to offer 34 free-standing cottages set beside the Knysna Lagoon.
Whether you’re a nature lover, adrenaline junkie, golfing enthusiast or simply looking for a family-friendly and fun-filled holiday, Knysna offers an unparalleled range of activities and special places to enjoy. Or you could just stay in and enjoy a dip in the swimming pool or watch the sunset over the lagoon from your cottage balcony.
There’s every reason to stay at Belvidere. Trouble is, there’s absolutely no reason to leave.
Guests are accommodated in individual cottages situated in 10 hectares of gardens. Offering single or double storey options, the cottages have either lagoon or garden views. Each cottage has a wide veranda or “stoep”, a comfortable living room, a fully equipped kitchen and one or two double en-suite bedrooms with covered parking alongside. In addition, some have a third bedroom, a dining-room or a study. Our cottages are all fully serviced daily.
- Garden Classic – Our Garden Classic Cottages are single story cottages, privately situated in the gardens with limited lagoon views. Your cottage will have a comfortable lounge area, fully equipped kitchen and two double bedrooms with bathrooms (one or both en-suite). Cottage size: 113 m² / 122 m²
- Garden Deluxe – Our Garden Deluxe Cottages are spacious double-storey cottages, overlooking the lush gardens with limited lagoon views. These cottages are perfect for families needing some extra space and each has a comfortable lounge area, fully equipped kitchen and two double bedrooms with bathrooms (one or both en-suite).
- Lagoon Classic – These quaint single storey, one bedroom cottages offer gorgeous views of the lagoon and swimming pool and are perfect for a romantic weekend away or a little “me time” minibreak. Each cottage has a bedroom, spacious lounge area, fully equipped kitchen and a bathroom. Cottage size: 90 m².
- Lagoon Deluxe – Our Lagoon Deluxe Cottages offer beautiful views of the lagoon and are a few steps from the manor house and swimming pool. These double suite cottages are decorated for added comfort and have a spacious lounge area, fully equipped kitchen and two double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. Cottage size: 113 m².
- Caroline’s – With moonlit lagoon views, or cosy fireplaces, Caroline’s bistro offers an a la carte menu each evening featuring seasonal produce and locally sourced ingredients – including freshly caught seafood. Enjoy the history of Belvidere House dating from 1849 and raise a glass to Thomas Duthie, Belvidere’s founder! Caroline’s is named after his great love and the lady of the house. Reservations essential.
- The Bell Tavern – Knysna’s smallest pub is housed on the site of the original Belvidere farmhouse, and a feature of the pub is the wine cellar viewed through the window in the floor. With a yellowwood ceiling and ironwood block floor, The Bell is a quaint favourite of the Belvidere locals. Relish pub meals served outside in the garden in summer or enjoy the cosy warmth of the wood-burning stove in winter.
- The Barbeque – Experience a traditional South African “braai” including national favourites like boerewors, potjiekos, roosterkoek and fire-roasted mealies! We regularly invite a local craft gin, beer or winemaker to liven up the party with a tasting and a good local anecdote. It’s the perfect place to enjoy some good “geseligheid” which is our special local brand of conviviality.
Lower Duthie Drive, Belvidere Estate. Knysna
Just click on the green button to view all our rates, room selection and make a booking direct.
Rates: Per Person Sharing Per Night.