Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
The Bush Camp can be booked on a self-catering or fully catered basis
The Property – [Accommodates max 8 guests]
Avoca Private Bush Camp is an exclusive safari camp for friends and family within the world renowned Timbavati Nature Reserve. Children need to be over the age of 12 years. Open to the Kruger National Park, yet occupying private land, Avoca is wild and tranquil, offering an exclusive safari experience in simple, bush camp accommodation.
This authentic camp can be booked out for exclusive use and can sleep up to 8 guests, which means an intimate and personalised safari experience awaits.
The beauty of this private getaway spot is the lack of electricity, leaving all cooking and water heating up to gas and solar power. It is eco-friendly and idyllic, providing a peaceful spot to unwind and reconnect with the natural world. Avoca is a reformed hunting camp, now offering photographic safaris.
The Timbavati Nature Reserve is known for superb game viewing, and is also the home of some of the only wild white lions on earth. The town of Hoedspruit is about an hour’s drive away, offering a close-by refueling station with a wide variety of outdoor activities on offer.
- Accommodation at Avoca is basic and comfortable, sleeping 8 guests in either twin or double chalets, each with their own bathrooms.
- Each room is a little log cabin built beneath tall trees and within close proximity to the main lodge area, pool, and boma.
- Please note that only children over the age of 12 can be accommodated at Avoca.
- The cabins have green, tiled roofs and old fashioned, farm-style windows, which are finished with bug screens.
- Every cabin has a wooden deck, offering a good spot from which to sit and enjoy the surrounding birdsong with a good book in hand.
- The camp has been built among a tangle of tall trees, forest-like in summer, and full of birds.
- The setup of the cabins ensures a certain level of privacy, but the accommodation is designed to create an intimate, group getaway experience.
Catering or Self Catering
Full catering or self-catering options available.
The exclusive safari experience at Avoca is just as you would expect a getaway in the revered Timbavati Nature Reserve to be: full of game viewing opportunities and time out to relax and reboot surrounded by nature. Private morning and afternoon game drives are about 3 hours long, and include a coffee stop (morning) and sundowner stop (afternoon), which have become traditional aspects of safari.
The hours in between drives can be spent relaxing at the pool, or reading a book in the lounge, on your private deck, or exploring the grounds with a camera looking for all sorts of birds that can be heard calling through camp.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Bird watching from the comfort of camp
- Bush dinners
- Sundowners during afternoon game drive
Per unit per night
Check-in time: 14h00 and Check-out time: 10h00
Special interests: Big5; birding, leisure, star gazing and wildlife
- Just click on the green button to view availability, rates ( for self catering or Catering), specials, room selection and book direct.