- Amafu Forest Lodge is a stunning lodge with magnificent gardens situated on the foothills of the Mariepskop Mountains.
- Amafu exudes a warm and relaxing ambiance with luxurious cottages. They are fully equipped for self-catering. Home-cooked meals are served at The Rainforest Café and Bar. Relax in the lounges or suntan on the Pool Deck.
Our tents are superb with awesome views onto the mountain and overlooking the Lowveld. Cottages are serviced daily and some have DSTV – Tents don’t have TV – WiFi hotspot is available at the Rainforest Café. The cottages are named after various “Cycad” species which are surrounded by magnificently designed gardens. These exquisite, age-old plants are show-cased in our beautiful rock gardens, tastefully landscaped by a professional cycad expert.
Private Luxury Cottages
- Amafu Forest Lodge offers three beautiful, private Luxury Cottages.
- These Cottages are all spacious and suitable for families.
- We have an 8-sleeper, Cerinus Cottage, and two 4-sleepers- Laevi and Nubi Cottage. Perfect for families.
Private Luxury Cabins
- Amafu Forest Lodge offers three beautiful, private Luxury Cabins.
- These Cabins all have a beautiful view over the Drakensig Mountains.
- Amafu Forest Lodge offers two beautiful, out-door style Luxury tents.
- These tents all have a beautiful view over the Drakensig Mountains.
- Ituri Lux Tent 1 has a private splashpool and braai facilities while Ituri Lux Tent 2 has a lovely outdoor shower and braai area.
View the various accommodation facilities and their amenities by clicking on the green button above.
Meet for a pre-dinner drink at our alfresco bar or on the pool deck before heading off to our comfortable restaurant- “Rainforest Cafe”- for a delicious meal prepared according to your taste… by us! If you require, we can do a truly South African ‘braai’, (barbeque) allowing you to appreciate the true African night sky…
Our rooms are serviced on a daily basis or according to prior arrangement. We can also do any private laundry, if necessary and at an additional fee, by our very trusted and helpful staff.
Our intimate bar, a few metres from Rainforest Cafe, makes topping up drinks the order of the day!
Rates: rates based on bed and breakfast OR Self Catering
Just click on the green button to view availability, specials, rates and book directly with the lodge.