Africa on Foot specialises in walking safaris in the big five Klaserie Private Nature Reserve; a wildlife rich region in the heart of the Greater Kruger. The Klaserie shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park which means predators and other wildlife roam freely throughout.
On a walking safari guests will be led by experienced and professional trail guides through a wildlife area rich with game. In addition to walking safaris, game drives are offered, which allows guests to participate in a full spectrum of safari activities.
Africa on Foot has 5 chalets and a treehouse, which is an adventurous option for guests who want to spend a night in the wilderness.
- Two of the chalets are family units, which have 2 adjoining bedrooms and room for 4 people in double and twin beds. Africa on Foot offers the ideal safari accommodation in the Kruger’s Klaserie because it offers an authentic experience. All rooms are of the same standard with en-suite bathrooms, mosquito nets, a clothing rack, bedside tables, solar powered lamps, and bathroom toiletries.
- The electricity at Africa on Foot is solar-powered to keep things natural and eco-friendly. The power is switched off between 12pm and 4pm, so all charging of devices should be done before and after this period. Water is gas-heated.
- One night during your stay, try sleeping out in the treehouse, which is located a few hundred metres from camp. A wooden structure reaching up into the trees with a game-viewing platform and a top deck with a bed and a view to be remembered. In summer it is warm and beautiful – perfect for fearless romantics!
- Maroela is a family chalet and has a queen size double bed, twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and toilet. The chalet is two-roomed, with a dividing wall and suitable for parents with children under 16, or three adults.
- Ghwarrie has one twin or king size double bed, en-suite toilet and adjoining outside shower. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
- Rooibos has one twin or king size double bed and an en-suite bathroom with a shower and toilet. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
- Hardekool is a family chalet and has a queen size double bed, twin beds and an en-suite bathroom. The chalet is two-roomed, with a dividing wall and suitable for parents with children under 16, or three adults.
- Tjankbos has one twin or king size double bed, en-suite toilet and outside shower. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
- The Treehouse has a double bed and an outside bathroom and shower. It sleeps a maximum of two guests.
- Click on the green button above to view our Chalet facilities and amenities.
Lounge and Dining Area
- Africa on Foot’s main area houses a comfortable lounge areaconstructed around an old tree trunk and equipped with couches and a library.
- The dining room has a large table where, as per safari tradition, everyone dines together to enjoy each other’s company and share stories of the day’s sightings.
- An outside boma area and campfire is perfect for those cold winter mornings and nights. Guests generally enjoy evening drinks and a traditional South African braaivleis (barbecue) cooked over the open fire.
- There are 2 swimming pools, one on the periphery of camp at the treehouse, and one in the centre of camp.
- The pool “inside” camp is perfect for families, and the pool close to the treehouse offers a sense of seclusion.
- At night it is asked that guests do not walk around camp without a guide. During the day it is safe to walk between your room, the main area, and the swimming pools.
Features and Facilities
- A main area which houses a comfortable lounge areawith two sitting areas and a library.
- The dining room has a large table where, as per safari tradition, everyone dines together to enjoy each other’s company and share stories of the day’s game sightings.
- Outside boma area with a camp fire – perfect for those cold winter mornings and nights.
- There isWi-Fithroughout the camp, but sometimes the location makes the connection weak.
- To truly immerse yourself in the rustic bush experience, all Africa on Foot chalets are equipped with lanterns.
- Plug points in the main area can be used to charge your camera batteries.
- There are fans in each of the rooms.
- Beds have mosquito nets.
- There is a bar on site complete with local beers, soft drinks and spirits.
- There are air horns in each room, and bathroom amenities.
- Treehouse available at an extra cost. Book prior, and pay at camp.
- There are 2 swimming pools, complete with deck and sun loungers.
Africa on Foot is a unique camp offering professional guided walking safaris with qualified trail guides who’ve had intensive specialized training in approaching dangerous game. Walking safaris are 2-3 hours and begin with a comprehensive demonstration about how to behave when encountering wildlife.
Game Drives with Sundowners
In the evenings, guests are taken on game drive, which brings you a lot closer to big game. The night drives allow guests the opportunity to see the nocturnal animals not encountered during the day. When the sun sets, guides will always stop for sundowners!
- 5 – 11 years pay 50% of the sharing rate,
12 – 18 years pay 100% of the sharing rate
Address: Klaserie Private Game Reserve
Just click on the green button to view our rates / specials / availability and book direct.