The Safari Package
4 Nights Safari Package at a Private Safari Camp Plus a Day trip into the Kruger National Park
- Lunch is served upon arrival, after you have checked into your luxury safari tent or two room chalet.
- The afternoon game drive sets off as soon as the afternoon cools off. The Maseke Game Reserve within the Balule area of the Greater Kruger Park has a diverse variety of wildlife found within this region of the Greater Kruger and includes all of the big 5 as well as giraffe, zebra, hippo, wild dog and pleasing bird life. The terrain is undulating with interesting rocky out crops dotting the land scape as well as sections of the Olifants River.
- Sundown is celebrated with a drinks stop and the last section of the drive is at night by spotlight searching for nocturnal animals.
- Dinner is served in either the dinning pavilion or in the boma by the fire side.
- An African drum beat announces the day and calls guests to coffee and a light breakfast before the onset of the game drive.
- The three hour morning outing in an open safari vehicle with relaxed viewing of the African wildlife and birdlife, and stopping en-route for a hot box with tea and cake, fruit and juices. A cooked breakfast is served once back in camp. The morning is then free to relax at the pool or on the viewing decks watching the animals make use of the waterhole or alternately to catch some shut eye in air- conditioned comfort. A light late lunch is served at 14.30
- The afternoon drive leaves camp when the day cools down and then comes back after dark for an amazing dinner at the fire.
- An early morning game drive explores areas of this 8000 ha traverse within the Greater Kruger looking for new species and diverse landscapes. Tea can be taken on the banks of the Olifants River listening to hippos and kingfishers greet the day. A cooked breakfast is prepared once back in the shady camp grounds. After breakfast a guide will offer a walk. Walking in the bush is an eye opener and the guide will interpret the many signs and tracks left by animals going about their daily dramas of survival in the bush and explain how to estimate the ages and times of the sequence of events. He will also spend time birding and going into the fascinating vegetation and its traditional medicinal uses and folk lore surrounding some plants. This area also has fascinating geology. Walking in big 5 country has risks so the guide will be armed and competent in protecting guests. No children under 16 may go on the walks.
- Later lunch is served as usual and siesta time is available before the afternoon game drive.
- An exciting full day in the National Park is on the itinerary for this day. We drive through the Maseke towards the Eastern gate and exit the park just 20 km from the official Phalaborwa gate into the National Park. Initially the terrain and vegetation are pretty similar but as we put some distance in, it changes. We stop for a picnic breakfast overlooking a dam and then slowly make our way to Letaba Camp and the intriguing Elephant Museum. The route will vary with game movements and the season but along the way we stop at a rest camp with a restaurant for lunch. We head East towards the Lebombo Mountains and the open plains on the foot-hills where there is a possibility we may see cheetah, ostrich and Kori Bustard and Tsessebe. We exit the park at dusk and head back to the safari camp –an easy half hour drive.
- A last morning drive and breakfast are on the agenda before saying goodbyes.
- All meals; beginning with lunch on day 1 and ending with breakfast on departure day, with the exception of lunch in the National Park.
- All teas and coffees as well as filtered water on tap.
- Morning and afternoon game drives in open safari vehicles with knowledgeable guides.
- A walk with a knowledgeable & armed guide.
- A day tour into the Kruger National Park on the public road network with a packed breakfast provided.
- Maseke Game Reserve conservation levy of ZAR250 per stay.
- No levy for kids under 12.
- Drinks from the bar and on game drive.
- National Park conservation levy and entrance fee ZAR 400 per person. (kids ZAR200)
- R17,500 per person sharing
- (4 Nights + Day Trip)