OVERLAND PATHFINDING EXPEDITION TO RWANDA
Expression of interest as a volunteer to assist with a 30-40day study into the deployment of a collection of new boutique tourism products across the African Great Lakes region
An expedition to east Africa is being planned to confirm and test the development proposal for deployment of a collection of luxury safari hospitality and other products across the African Great Lakes region to be managed by an international brand within this genre.
The Driver The Land Rower
An architect employed by a private Rwandan engineering and ship building company has been tasked with the pioneering field work to test the veracity of the deployment business model and secure the siting of various rendezvous camps, replenishment infrastructure, along with tour/ground-handlers and tie-ins with established and new products in the luxury safari travel market.
The expedition shall journey through Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Rwanda, and may also venture into Zimbabwe and DRC. Anyone interested, capable and able can contact the organiser and further detail will be provided.
- Includes: All travel & (separate) accommodation expenses.
- Return flight to JHB or CT (upon conclusion or mutual exasperation!)
- Potential long-term vocation offering upon promoter approval
- Knowledge, experience &/or proficiency needed in: Travel & tourism, environmental issues, nature conservation, administration, research & record keeping, photographic & video (drone) savvy, social-media literate (incl. editing & posting daily diary footage),
- Volunteer needs to be: Over 25ys of age, good physical health (including mentally), a great sense of humour.
- Expected departure: Mid-November.
- Expectations: Adventure, access to wilderness areas, crazy scenery, unscheduled and random departures from planning (it is a Land Rover after all…)
Further information upon contact:
By WhatsApp (call or message): +250 78 632 3030
By email: email@example.com
Planned path of expedition – time and circumstances allowing.