7 Day 6 Night Zululand Safari Package
This 7 Day Safari Package is perfectly balanced between Safari Excursions and Interaction Outings, delivering sensational accommodation and unimaginable safari’s. Set out to experience the wonders of Zululand from the unique perspective of the Zulu people who call it home. Enjoy game viewing in the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park the oldest proclaimed game reserve in Africa. Settle down in St Lucia a world heritage site, be bewildered by the Hippo’s waddling down the streets. Venture into iSimangaliso Wetland Park “place of miracles” and experience firsthand why this is the very first world heritage site in South Africa.
Compliment your journey with game drives, night drives, boat trips, un-spoilt beaches and of course a little time relaxing. This 7 day package is designed to appeal to the wildlife enthusiast.
- Stylish Accommodation (bed & breakfast), St Lucia
- Magnificent Out of Africa Game Drive Safaris
- Visit Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park on a Big 5 Safari
- Visit iSimangaliso Wetland Park on Safari Tour
- Elephant Interaction (Bayete)
- Cheetah Interaction (Emdoneni)
- Zulu culture and customs
- Hippo & Crocodile Boat Trip
- Night Drive Safari
- Without Transfers to and From Durban R17 900 per person
- With Transfers to and from Durban R 20 900 per person
Day to Day Itinerary
Day 1 – King Shaka International Airport Durban.
- Meet your personal guide for the duration of your stay. We transfer you to St Lucia, South Africa’s first World Heritage site. Once you have settled in at your deluxe accommodation meet up with your guide for a safari briefing to answer all of your questions, watch the excitement. Next some sightseeing, travel by open game drive vehicle through the quaint little village of St Lucia and get yourself orientated. Meet the resident Hippo’s that roam the streets by night.
- Dinner Voucher.
Day 2 – A World Heritage Site iSimangaliso Safari.
- A tasty breakfast while listening to the Hornbills and then we are off to iSimangaliso Wetlands Park (Eastern Shores), it’s a day of exploration, through meandering forests, vegetated sand dunes and amazing Savannah grasslands. This open air 4×4 safari gives you panoramic views of Kudu’s grazing, Buffalo stares and Rhino’s resting. Keep your eye out for that elusive Leopard. A short hike to the top of Mission’s a magnetic view awaits you. Meet the Indian Ocean at Cape Vidal, warm tropical waters year round gives you an opportunity to snorkel in a protected bay or just relax on the beach while your ranger prepares a tasty lunch.
- Late afternoon we travel up one of the largest estuarine systems in Africa by Boat to watch and see Hippo’s wallowing and Nile Crocodiles basking in the afternoon sun. A two hour epic journey one of wildlife and birdlife. Enjoy a true African sunset.
Day 3 – Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve the oldest proclaimed reserve in Africa.
- We pick you up nice and early as we depart for the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Reserve, with an opportunity of witnessing the Big 5, Cheetah and Wild Dogs. Our game rangers know what your expectations are and with years of experience in the reserve they will undoubtedly go out of their way to ensure the most memorable day of your life. Breakfast and Lunch in the bush watch how your ranger creates something mouth-watering. Rich in history this reserve was the backbone of saving the White Rhino from near extinction in the mid 60’s and still today the same methods are made use of. Travel through Savannah grasslands, thick lush bush and magnificent scenes of Africa all while in the comfort and company of your ranger.
- We arrive back late afternoon in St Lucia, enough time to relax, enjoy dinner at the lodge then your off on a Night Drive into the iSimangaliso Wetland Park to go in search of all nocturnal animals including the elusive Leopard. 3 Hours of bush exploration.
Day 4 – Tembe Game Reserve some of the largest Tusked Elephants left in Africa.
- With only the fondest of memories we depart today for Tembe Game Reserve to go in search of some of the largest Tuskers in Africa. Arriving mid-day we get you settled in and then we go on a short orientation game drive. The evening is spent in the reserve as we need a early start next morning to go in search of the mighty Elephants found in the reserve. The area known as the Ivory route in days past still boasts approximately 200 tuskers within a rare eco-system. With no tarred roads within the reserve its only 4×4 country as we go in search of the mightiest Elephants in Africa. With more Elephants currently in Tembe than Kruger National Park you are to be amazed at their magnificent graze and beauty.
- The Big Five find their home here – lion, leopard, Black and white rhino and buffalo, as well as more than 340 bird species and myriad of other animals and plants. This is where you will find the Africa of story and legend, of adventure and myth. A place of warm African hospitality.
Day 5 – Shaka-Land Zulu Cultural Experience
- A traditional Zulu “Umuzi” or homestead, divided into the home of the Zulu’s and hotel rooms. A unique resort built on the set of the movies Shaka Zulu and John Ross.
- Feel the mysterious and magical Africa as you re live the excitement and days of King Shaka the Zulu King, in the recreated authentic Zulu kraal.
- Experience the sight of assegaai-wielding warriors, share the fascinating secrets of the Sangomas and witness traditional customs such as tribal dancing, spear making and the beer-drinking ceremonies.
Day 6 – Durban Zimbali Coastal Resort.
- Travelling East towards the Dolphin Coast, under an abundant forest canopy, you will overnight at Zimbali – Zulu for “valley of flowers”. A sanctuary unlike any other in South Africa, this charming unspoiled region is a nature lover’s wonderland. Allow yourself to be pampered by the expert health and beauty spa team.
Day 7 – King Shaka International Airport Durban.
- After a delightful breakfast your guide and personal friend will drop you off at King Shaka International Airport as we bid farewell.
- Professional escorted guides and rangers on all of your outings, transfers and safaris.
- Transfers are all in a Air Conditioned Vehicles.
- All Reserve Entrance Levies.
- All flights
- All drinks and meals not specified
- Tips and gratuities
- Items of personal nature
If interested just email me at email@example.com and we will get back to you immediately.